Monday 27 April 2015

Cauliflower Pizza

Here is a Monday freebie!  You may have been reading about how cauliflower is really in fashion at the moment and is being used to substitute anything from rice to pizza bases.  So I decided to try it out for myself, pizza is probably about the only thing I really miss as I never mix carbs and protein.  So the cauliflower pizza base made so much sense to me I just had to try it!

It's delicious!

For the base:
3 cups or a smallish head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 small egg, beaten
dried oregano and basil, to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Topping of your choice.

Preheat the oven to about 205 - 210ºC.

Put the cauliflower in a blender and blend until it resembles "rice".  Tip it into a microwaveable dish and cook on high for 6 minutes, let cool.








Once cooled, add the parmesan and mozzarella, salt and pepper, oregano and basil and mix thoroughly, add the beaten egg and mix well.  Spread onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, and pop in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.

Once it is golden, remove from the oven and add your topping of choice.  I used tomato, red onions thinly sliced, extra spicy chorizo sausage, and more mozzarella.  But what you put on your pizza is up to you!  Then pop it back in the oven for 10 minutes.

Unfortunately the base doesn't get very crispy, so you will need a knife and fork to eat it, but it is truly delicious and gluten free!


Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. It really is absolutely yummy, I could literally live on it and am going to buy a blender to try it out for myself!! In the absence of a microwave, can I just boil the cauliflower and then blitz it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can. I would boil in chunks until just tender, then let cool, blitz and then do the rest! I'm so glad you liked it :)

      Delete